As of 01/25/2020 6:07 p.m.
NDR 1 Lower Saxony
The escape of toxic gas in a research building at Leibniz Universität Hannover triggered a major fire service mission on Saturday. Special forces brought the situation under control after the release of the dangerous substance boron trichloride. Firefighters in protective suits went into the building and closed the valve on a leaky ten-liter bottle, which was also enclosed in a heating jacket that had heated the bottle to 250 degrees from the outside. The fires did not give details of the cause. However, there was no danger to the residents. No one was injured in the incident.
Uni Hannover: fire brigade removes toxic gas
01/25/2020 05:45 p.m.
Specialists have been able to rid the Leibniz Universität Hannover of toxic boron trichloride. The escape of the gas had required a special operation.
For listening at any time